Saturday

My Scotland - Camusdarach beach paradise

'Trust me, it's paradise.', said Richard, in the hedonistic movie 'The Beach' .... and this could be the stunning beach on Koh Phi Phi Leh, the Thai island where the movie was filmed, (and where I've backpacked), but it's not.  In fact, it's Camusdarach, on the Road to the Isles, west coast Scotland.  A coastline that rivals any in the world.  Here, fine bone and silver coloured sand arc against impossibly clear turquoise water.  Close-by, the spellbinding Isles of Eigg and Rhum - Eigg, a flat low table and its converse neighbour Rhum, with high-reaching jagged peaks encircled by swirling cloud.  On the horizon, the incredible towering Cuillin mountains of the Isle of Skye.  An intoxicating combination, trust me, THIS is paradise.









Prints of my paintings in my New! Online Shop

Paintings at Melanie McDonald Gallery 

Join the chat with me on Twitter 
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest 
Follow my pictures on Tumblr